Secure role, respected brand, Christchurch based with regional focus. Specialist BDM/Relationship Management within wider financial services team.
- Directly manage and grow business/commercial Client portfolio
- Autonomous role supported by diverse financial services team
- Professional Christchurch Offices plus travel/flexible working
Full Job Description
Despite current external challenges, our Client has secure revenue streams and are very well capitalised to invest long term into people and resources to enhance and grow market share across Canterbury and the South Island. As an established non-bank lender with global backing and diverse products, they’re well placed to handle a down-turn and come out the other side in a strong position. This is a specialist BDM/Relationship role based in their Christchurch office (as their commercial finance specialist) working with a small and supportive client services/relationship team.
This is a secure career role for a highly focused relationship sales professional with proven commercial or business banking/lending/financial services experience. This is a role with genuine autonomy across regional client opportunities and supported by national leadership with positive ambitions for the market. The role has both a relationship focus across a portfolio of existing clients, plus to develop new business relationships across a variety of industry sectors including Transport, Materials Handling, Construction, Forestry, Industrial etc.
- Actively research and target qualified new prospects
- Responding to requests for proposals/tenders
- Sales presentations to prospects and suppliers
- Maximising customer retention and relationship management
- Participating in business functions and networking
- Must have ability to read business financials/balance sheet
- Understanding of lending and credit process to package deals
- Relationship background in business or commercial banking or finance sector
- Able to interact and build rapport with a wide variety of customers/cultures/industries
- Self-starter looking to build a great reputation and be rewarded for effort!
Quality relationship building skills are a must, plus a resilient nature, where you’ll thrive on the challenge of developing new business, being part of a team, growing a positive reputation and contributing strategic ideas. A very good package including base salary, car and incentive plan is available. To apply for this role, please send your CV or enquiry in confidence to Chris Heswall, Virtue Consulting at email@example.com