Experienced lender required for rapidly growing non-banking organisation.
- Rapidly expanding, global financial company
- Underwriter / Commercial & Investment properties
- Conveniently located CBD
Full Job Description
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Commercial Underwriter to join a fun, fast-paced rapidly expanding global financial company.
This role will appeal to someone who has experience in underwriting in the non-conforming market or someone who has a strong financial services background with both mortgage lending and/or commercial credit analysis experience from previous roles. Either way, you will have strong commercial acumen and the ability to shape and negotiate deals.
- Underwrite risks in line with portfolio guidelines
- Underwrite large volumes of loans in a fully compliant yet commercially orientated approach
- Build strong and trusting broker and customer relationships
- Analysis of credit proposals
- Providing scenario assistance to BDMs and Brokers
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Commercial credit analysis experience (property preferred)
- Non-conforming mortgage experience preferred but not essential
- Thorough ongoing understanding of relevant regulatory legislation(CCCFA), responsible lending, including the ability to ensure that all lending processes and staff are compliant
- Initiative and a high level of problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional telephone manner and customer service skills
- A technical understanding of underwriting and be able to communicate coherently to clients, customers and senior management.
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to shape and negotiate deals
There are opportunities for career progression for the right person. To apply please click on the link below or send your CV together with a cover letter outlining your experience to Collette Gascoigne-Spittle at firstname.lastname@example.org